Friday, August 15, 2008

Packing Up and Saying Goodbye


It's that time again....The girls and I saw our first yellow leaves on our walk through the orchards. We could smell the peaches ripe on the trees and the early apples are being picked. That means it's time for us to travel south again. I'll say goodbye to my mom today. When I do, I always wonder if it will be our final goodbye this side of heaven.... I spent yesterday morning sitting at the picnic table talking with these two dear friends who have been like sisters to me. Someone asked if we were sisters....I was tempted to say "yes".
It is comforting to have a history of "coming back home" year after year now. There is a greater sense of confidence when we give each other a hug and say, "Can't wait to do it again next summer." And wait with anticipation, we will....

No comments: